Friday, January 22, 2010

faith in the midst of fear

There are lots of reasons I love my job. Just this week I experienced one of them...

A student who has the opportunity to go on Operation Barnabas this summer was feeling anxious about it. The realization that a summer on Barnabas means six weeks away from home was just starting to settle in, and that, understandably led to some fear.

So we talked. And lots of people were praying. And the Lord very evidently directed...

And this student plans to go on Barnabas this summer.
The fear isn't all gone.
But this student is choosing to operate out of faith instead of fear.
To respond to the Lord's prompting and to go.

I cannot tell you how proud this make me. How excited. What an incredible example.
And it makes me think:
how is the Lord asking me to step out in faith, even amidst my fear?
What is he asking of you?

2 Timothy 1.7:
'God gave us a spirit not of fear, but of power and of love and of self-control.'


Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home