Wednesday, January 20, 2010

winter weekend fun

Last weekend, Stacie, Matt Wheeland and I had the chance to speak at the First Christian Church of Kendallville's winter retreat.

It. Was. A. Blast.
Here are the reasons why (in no particular order):
  1. The Kendallville youth group is super friendly. We felt totally at home with them.
  2. We got to teach. Boldly.
  3. Stacie shared the gospel, and students responded. Praise God!
  4. Beatboxing harmonica

  5. Dan Cosentino. He's funny.
  6. Hanging out with 2009 Barnabas alumni.
  7. Hanging out with 2010 Barnabas students.
  8. Actually being warm at night (remember last year? we forgot everything...)
  9. Getting to talk about God's justice - from Isaiah 58, Isaiah 61, Luke 4.
The three of us taught 4 sessions. The topic? Identity in Christ. I don't want to give too much detail on what we taught (as we may or may not be using some of the same material in future retreats... :) But I will say that this topic is absolutely one of my favorites. Ephesians 1 and 2 Peter 1 talk so much about what God has done for us through Christ, and the inheritance that we have in Him. I have victory because of what Christ has done. I am not slave to my sin or my past or ... anything. I am slave to Christ. And co-heir with Him. And the more I talk about it, write about it, read about it, teach about it... the more I am overwhelmed by this incredible promise.

Getting to focus on that for a whole weekend with a group of students was incredible. And to see what the Lord did in the lives of students and adults was awesome. Because the truth of God transforms lives. Period.

Kendallville: we love you. Thanks for having us, and we can't wait to do it again.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home