Wednesday, April 28, 2010

power of prayer

Last weekend I was hanging out with my friends Karly & Erin here in Winona. My heart was burdened over a situation, and they listened, encouraged, and gave some good advice.

This week I prayed over the advice they gave me and acted on it. I got in touch with Karly and Erin that same day to let them know, and Karly said,

'I'm so glad! I was praying last night about that.'

Such a simple statement. But those words took the wind right out of me. To know that my friend was thinking about me, praying for me and my situation -- what a blessing.

Prayer is so powerful. It can move the heart and hand of God. That's big.
But it also can encourage and strengthen the hearts of people. To know that friends are petitioning the God of the universe on my behalf--now that's friendship.

Who are you praying for today?
You should let them know.
That encouragement may be just what they need to act boldly today.

(Thanks Karly & Erin. Love you both.)

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At April 29, 2010 at 7:44 AM , Anonymous Jim Heffner said...

Awesome, God used this to challenge me to pray for at least two different people each day and let them know. I have committed to doing it for at least one week.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home