Wednesday, March 10, 2010

red.

Last weekend was Kalahari. It was themed 'Red: the Words of Jesus'. DC Curry, of Grainger Community Church in Grainger, Indiana. There were 1000+ people, an indoor water park, solid worship, and hilarious music videos by Mark and Josh.

Stacie and I have been at 4 retreats since Christmas, in Indiana, Pennsylvania, California, and now Ohio. This was the first one where we were not the speakers. Don't hear me wrong -- I love teaching. LOVE it. But last weekend, not teaching, allowed me to be so refreshed. To learn from DC's teaching. To engage deeply in worship. To spend free time talking with friends and students, instead of prepping for the next session. Even to get to play for a couple hours in the water park.

The whole experience just reminded me of how necessary it is for us to take a Sabbath. To rest. To be refreshed and refocused and reenergized. And I'm so thankful. Thankful that the Lord knows that we need such refreshment, and that he then provides it.

God moved last weekend. For the next week and a half, Stacie and I get to see plenty of these students as we travel through Ohio, and I can't wait to hear about how their lives are different.

This is one reason this job is so fun...

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home