Saturday, February 20, 2010

who are you?

We're in the middle of the Lititz winter retreat at Camp Joy-El. Stacie and I teaching on identity all weekend. It's amazing to me how as believers this is a lesson the Lord has to continue to teach and reteach and reteach us. I have a number of vivid memories of the Lord showing me how my identity was in all the wrong things. Every time, he broke me. And then, every time, he graciously and patiently drew me to himself, showing me through his Spirit and his Word how my identity is wholly and only to be found in him.

Just yesterday I was listening to a sermon on contentment by Josh Patterson. And he said something that hit me right in the face.

Do I believe that Jesus is sufficient?
Do I really believe that he is enough?

Talk about an identity check. Is Jesus sufficient for me? Or do I seek my fulfillment, contentment, definition from work, relationships, hobbies, possessions....

Is Jesus enough for me?

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home