Friday, October 23, 2009

burdened

I told you 2 days ago that we had seen 62 of our alum (we're up to 63 now. And #64 tomorrow.) And I told you that only 1 was not doing well.

Over the last couple of days I have been burdened by this 1 student. And I mean, burdened. This afternoon I have found myself fighting back tears multiple times.

Can I be honest with you?

My heart is aching. I feel heavy. I feel so sad. I feel so angry. Tired. At a loss of words. Full of questions.

And I feel like I need to ask you, to beg you, to pray for this student. Please. Pray that God breaks their heart. That He does whatever He needs to do bring this one home. That He will strip them of things, relationships, comforts, identity, whatever else that is a distraction or a hindrance to a vital relationship with Jesus.

While I don't enjoy feeling this kind of misery, I thank God that my heart is still soft enough to break over something like this. That I haven't been so burned and hardened by the trials of life, of ministry, that I no longer feel sorrow over one who is lost. I pray I never get to that place. And if you are there, I pray for your refreshment, for your softening.

I read something today that reminded me of this truth--that any of us persists in our walk with Jesus is truly a miracle, and it is by His grace and empowerment in our lives.

Thank you Jesus, for keeping me and many of my brothers and sisters close to you. Please break the hearts of those who are wandering. 'Fill their faces with shame, that they may seek your name, o Lord.' (Psalm 83.16)

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home