Wednesday, October 21, 2009

statistics

I was a math major in college. (Some of you are judging me now. That's fine. I love math and I don't care who knows it.)

Anyways. I love numbers. So I thought I'd share some with you now.

In the last 6.5 weeks:

# of states we've visited: 3
# of Operation Barnabas 2009 alumni we have seen: 62
# of 09 alumni that are in (or are actively pursing) discipleship: 61

Okay. I don't know what that does for you. But 61 out of 62?! That is clearly the work of the Lord. He is protecting, growing, and using these students in awesome ways. There are stories of these young people sharing their faith, confronting believers in their sin, leading their peers, investing in younger people. I am so so thankful.

There is that one though. And it makes me think of the parable of the lost sheep in Matthew 18.10-14. I am praying often that Jesus will pursue this one who is wandering from Him, that He will draw their heart back and restore them. I ask that you pray the same. We rejoice greatly over our 61. And we grieve over the 1.

We just wanted you to know where we're at. Thank you thank you thank you to those who pray for us and our ministry. Thank you for praying for these students. Don't stop. Just because their summer is over doesn't mean they don't need prayer --- they need it now more than ever. God is moving in and through them.

tomorrow: Michigan
the weekend: Iowa
next week: Ohio

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home